Tuesday, October 31, 2017

18 and 19 Weeks

Originally written September 21, 2017....and September 28, 2017

Size of Baby: Week 18 - Baby J is the size of an artichoke, 5.59 inches and 6.70 ounces in weight!


Week 19 - Baby J is the size of a mango, 5.98 inches and 8.50 ounces in weight. Over half a pound now!



Total Weight Gain/Loss: Week 18 - 171.5 , up 11.5 pounds so far. I still feel somewhat normal when I wake up in the morning. But by the end of the day, my bump is quite out there.

Week 19 - 171.5, holding steady at 11.5 pounds so far. I no longer feel normal when I wake up in the morning :) The bump is there first thing. Pre-workout photo this morning!

Shocking Thing Week 18: Seeing my reflection in mirrors and windows. I look pregnant now.




Shocking Thing Week 19: We went to Buy Buy Baby Sunday to look at 3 things...gliders, cribs and car seats. And we got to park in the "Expecting mother" parking spot. It felt kinda funny, because we were headed to the gym right after and perfectly capable of walking far, but we took one of the 20 spots labeled like that anyway.

Maternity Clothes: Half and half. All pants are maternity pants. I'm mostly wearing normal dresses. Work maternity tops are still too big. And my normal work tops are tight in the boobs. I'm in the awkward in between stage on the tops.

Movement: No! And I'm SOOOO ready to feel my baby.

Sleep: So-so. Some nights I sleep really hard and wake up to use the restroom only twice. Other nights I've had a hard time going back to sleep after the 3am-ish bathroom break. One night during the 19th week, I woke up at 3:50, couldn't go back to bed so hung out in the living room on the couch. I fell back asleep right at 5, and then Dave's alarm woke me up :) Luckily, that hasn't happened again to that extent.

Pregnancy Myths I'm Busting Left and Right:

1)The pregnancy glow - I don't know what this is. I look in the mirror and see exhaustion every time. I do feel like I've had some good hair days, but other than that, no glow. That is for sure.
2) Energy goes up at 2nd trimester - WHAT? Not at all for me. Are other girls making this up?
3) Nausea goes away after first trimester. - Now I will admit that I don't get randomly nauseous very often anymore. But I still vomit after I brush my teeth every so often. I'm up to 7 times this whole pregnancy, which is nothing compared to a lot of women. And I'm SO grateful for the frequency of my puke sessions. But it sure hasn't gone away in the second trimester. I puked just 2 days ago, at 18.5 weeks pregnant.

Cravings: 18 Weeks - Milk, which is so bizarre to me. I don't even usually like milk. And now cold glasses of milk sound amazing.

19 Weeks - Meat and cheese. Sounds like the baby is craving protein to me :)

Symptoms: Week 18 - Heart burn. I'm munching on antacid chews every so often.

Week 19 - I threw up again this week. Another case of tooth brushing to blame.

Best Moment this Week: Week 18 - We went to the zoo with Debbie and Nathan on September 16 and had a really fun time. I loved seeing all of the little kids and was imagining going at this time next year with our little one.

Week 19 - I had a really really crappy day at work on Monday. Dave called me and said we got a gift from Rita and Eric. I thought he was confused, because they had probably sent a card with Baby Ryan's baby announcement. But sure enough I got home and there were 2 beautifully wrapped gifts. A Texas book! And baby's first piggy bank from my accounting friends :)


What I'm Looking Forward To: The anatomy scan on October 4. I want to see this baby again.

Moments With Dave: I caught him using the Boppy Pregnancy Pillow parts Amanda gave me : )


What the Doctor Said this Week: N/A Next appointments are October 4 - anatomy scan and regular Dr. Martin appointment.

Weirdest Thing I ate this Week: I've eaten tons of popcorn over the last 2 weeks. I stopped and bought myself some fancy cinnamon popcorn and almond toffee popcorn. And some popcorn I had ordered months ago from a coworker's child showed up on my desk - white cheddar!


Verse I'm Clinging to this Week: Still stuck on Psalm 139 - "You knit me together in my mother's womb." God is literally forming this baby daily to His exact specifications.

6 comments:

  1. I love love love the bump pictures! That smile on your face is infectious. And I love Dave using the boppy pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that one pre-workout! Still a girl bump!

    ReplyDelete