Monday, September 11, 2017

7 Weeks

Originally written July 6, 2017


How Far Along: 7 weeks exactly, according to the last ultrasound, and 7 weeks 4 days according to my last period.

Size of Baby: A Blueberry! 1/2 inch!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 162.0 this morning, so up 2 lbs. But really, I'm attributing that to being in Texas over the 4th of July. I had all my favorites there including Bill Miller's, Los Barrios and my mom's French Breakfast puffs and homemade chocolate chip cookies.

Maternity Clothes: Nope, but my first stitch fix box will be arriving early next week. I'll show some pics when I get them!

For now, I'm still wearing lots of dresses. Today, I'm wearing jeggings, which I usually wouldn't find appropriate for work. But I need the elastic.

Movement: Still too early to feel the baby. The twinges and aches have gotten less and less during the day. But I'd say every other night, I'll get uncomfortable in one position and have to move to make the aches go away.

Sleep: I'm getting up to pee ALOT. Last night, it was at least 3 times. 11:30, 12:30, 4:00 and 5:00. That's 4 times!!!

What I Miss: I can't think of anything I really miss. We chose to forgo the ultrasound this week, since Dave had to work a full day yesterday. Now I really can't wait to see this baby next Wednesday.

Cravings: SALT. I made pasta with salt and butter last night and it tasted amazing! I added roasted okra and snap peas, and that was a hit too. I also made Dave stop for Little Caesar's on the way home from the airport. It tasted delicious. For breakfast this morning I had 2 bread sticks and half a grapefruit.

Symptoms: Very sore boobs when I wake up. It feels like I've been smashing them. I'm also still having the heavy feeling on the tops of them toward the inside. Like something is laying on them.

Saturday and Sunday mornings I woke up very hungry, which is unusual for me. I was at Jessica's home, and I tried to lay in bed and wait for them to wake up. As soon as I heard someone around, I popped out of bed. Luckily, Michael made eggs both mornings, which was perfect!

Sunday afternoon I was at my mom's house, and I had my first true bout of pregnancy nauseau. She was prepping for a family get-together and was cutting onions and opening cans of hot dog chili. I seriously thought I was going to puke. Then Monday, I woke up from a nap at my Grandma's house, and my mom gave me some pudding cake. I had one or two bites and thought I was going to puke again. I think I could have if I had gone into the bathroom, but I just sat still taking deep breaths and putting a cold rag on my forehead and wrists.

Since then, I have had nausea every day at least a little. Usually it is in the morning about 10 minutes after I get out of the shower. I think I must be getting too hot.

Best Moment this Week: Telling my Granny in person that we are pregnant!

Moments with Dave this Week: Dave hates Little Caesars, and the fact that he pulled over in a scary neighborhood on the way home from the airport and got me some, was truly a sign of pure love. He also sold his bike this week in preparation for being a dad, and he wants us to start cleaning up the garage and putting stuff in the attic this weekend. He wants us to do something every weekend to prep for the baby.

First Times with Baby: I traveled for the first time by airplane since pregnant. I flew to Austin SUPER early Friday morning, catching the 5:40am flight. There was a slight flight delay in Dallas Love Field, that allowed me time to scarf down Chick-Fil-A nuggets and fries at 8:30am!!!

I loved spending time with Jessica's family. Sunday, Jess met my mom and Granny in Buda (pronounced Beuda). Then I got to see Erin's family that night at our family party. They are part of our family :)


Milestones: Week 7 Bump Photo Tonight!

What I'm Looking Forward To: Next Wednesday's Ultrasound. I can't wait to hear that baby heartbeat again!

Favorite Quote from a Stranger this Week: I got nothing :) But my mom did grab my belly multiple times while I was with her in San Antonio, and it was such an odd feeling. But it brought me lots of joy.

Weirdest Thing I ate this Week: I'd say breakfast this morning. 2 Little Caesar's Breadsticks with marinara sauce and half a grapefruit.

Verse I'm Clinging to this Week: Numbers 26:24-26 "The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace."

1 comment: