Tuesday, September 12, 2017

8 Weeks

Originally written July 13, 2017

Size of Baby: I believe Baby J is the size of a raspberry! And is as long as .63 inches.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 162.0 yesterday. Still hanging on to that 2 pounds, maybe it wasn't the Mexican food after all :)

Maternity Clothes: Nope, but I still feel the most comfortable in dresses.

Movement: I had one night where I had some bad cramping this week, maybe Monday night. It was disconcerting, but I guess it's just things moving around and stretching.

Sleep: I honestly have not been sleeping that great. I wake up so much to pee, even before midnight, I've usually been up twice.

What I Miss: Kombucha (the only reason why is because we asked Dr. Martin if I could have some, and she said no.)

Cravings: Hmmm, honestly nothing. The nausea really came to life this past week. I am driving around with an economy size tub of goldfish in my passenger seat.


Symptoms: Nausea, Sore Boobs, A little moody

Best Moment this Week: Hearing that crazy fast heart beat yesterday at our 2nd ultrasound. The heartbeat was 181!!!


Moments with Dave this Week: After our appointment, we shared a pizza at Mario's, even though it was only 4:30. While we were ordering, I threw a huge stink about him wanting half Italian sausage and half mushroom. But I ended up really loving their Italian sausage. The pizza was amazing. I had 3 giant slices. Big mistake! After that, we went to Margaux and Greg's and met Baby Mason. Later in the evening, we went for a walk in his parent's neighborhood. After our walk, we swung in and told his parents. Their reactions will be etched in my memory forever.


Milestones: 2nd ultrasound and 2nd time hearing my baby's heartbeat was on Wednesday, July 12

What I'm Looking Forward To: Purchasing my first maternity clothes, even though I know it's not for a while

Favorite Quote from a Stranger this Week: Dave and I went to Echo Shop for just a second over the weekend, and I asked if there was a maternity section. There wasn't, but the girl shouted out "Congratulations!" as I left. It felt so surreal :)

What the Doctor Said this Week: She said I can be as active as I was before, but if I don't feel like running, then don't do it. She said I can eat Subway sandwiches, and not to drink kombucha. She told Dave she thinks I will be good to go on our Utah hiking trip in October (at 20 weeks) pregnant. She said we could come back in 2 weeks, and I asked if it was mandatory, and she said no, you can come back in 4! So that's what we're doing. Being there gives me EXTREME anxiety. My blood pressure was very high, and Kristin took it before the ultrasound and after the ultrasound.

Weirdest Thing I ate this Week: Hmmmm, oh yes, on Monday, I ate 2 snacks at 10am and 2pm of Little Caesar's breadsticks with marinara sauce. But it helped my nausea stay away. Unlike yesterday, I didn't eat a morning snack, and I had to lay down after lunch because I felt so sick.

Verse I'm Clinging to this Week: 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power, love and self-confidence."

2 comments:

  1. Giant tub of goldfish for the win!! Love love LOVE getting Baby J updates from you - thinking about you each and every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend!!! Tomorrow is week 17!!! I can't believe it. Pretty soon, I'll have released all of these first trimester updates :)

      Delete