Thursday, November 16, 2017

26 Weeks!

Originally written November 15, 2017

Photo taken after the gym this morning. Since the time change, I've given up on after-work photos.

Size of Baby: Baby J is the size of kale, 14 inches and 1 pound 10.9 ounces in weight (according to the Bump app).

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 178, up 18 pounds so far. First time for everything...actually down 1/2 a pound this week.

Maternity Clothes: Today I tried wearing a regular long shirt to work. I had it on for about 10 minutes before I left the house. I kept looking in the mirror and realized it just wasn't going to work today. I should enjoy wearing the maternity clothes I do have, cause I only have 14 weeks left to wear them!

Shocking Moment This Week: I think my belly button is becoming flat. I've always had such a deep innie belly button that I never imagined I would be a pregnant girl with a flat or popping belly button. But it is actually becoming flat!

Numbers: 26 weeks pregnant means I've spent half a year pregnant! 26 weeks pregnant means only 1 week left in the second trimester.

Movement: She is moving alot. This week Dave got to feel her. And Tia and Catherine were able to feel her this morning at work after I ate a burrito!

Sometimes when I feel her, like this morning, I can feel her on both the right and left sides of my belly at the exact same time. She is starting to stretch out.

Sleep: I feel like the pattern is still one good night, one bad night, one good night, one bad night. Last night my dreams were outrageous and kept me up quite a bit.

What I Miss: Sleeping in any other position than my side, which is really starting to make my neck and hips ache.

Cravings: Still cheese.

Symptoms: Heartburn - still happening like crazy.

I got sick this week on Tuesday. I don't know if it was pregnancy related though. In general, I just didn't feel good all day. I did have a really bad headache, and per the Bump update this week, it mentioned headaches can start getting bad again around week 26. I ended up leaving the office around 2 and went home to try and get some sleep. Dave made dinner when he got home, and after eating I promptly got sick. He is SO good to me when I get sick.

Thankfully, I woke up feeling better on Wednesday.

Best Moment this Week: We celebrated Baby Savannah with friends in Dallas this weekend! The shower was perfect! The decorations were beautiful...fall-themed pumpkins and colors. The guests were some of my friends that I haven't seen in years. I felt like the luckiest momma in the world to be spoiled by friends who love me so much. Thank you Erin, Kami, Carolyn and Eva for hosting such a beautiful shower for me and Savannah!


I also got to see Eva's little Carter Sunday morning at breakfast before we hit the road. He is a doll!

Moments with Dave this Week: Holy Moly Maternity Photos! It's a little early to be taking maternity photos according to some sources, but I've learned to seize my moments where I can. As soon as I found out the weekend we'd be in Dallas for the baby shower, I contacted Sarah Avitua. She is one of my best friend's from childhood's older sister, and I've been following her photography for years. I've always dreamed of her taking my maternity photos. And this weekend, my dreams came true. I woke up to a sneak peek of the shoot this morning, and they are even more beautiful than I could have imagined.

Taking the photos was so emotional. For the shots that Dave was with me and we were looking in eachother's eyes, I couldn't help but well up with tears. It's been such a painful, long process to get to this point, and honestly I wasn't sure we were ever going to get here. I had even gotten to the point of embracing whatever life God might have in store for us, even if it meant not being a mommy. To say I'm grateful that God decided to bless us with this baby girl is an understatement. I am overwhelmed by His goodness and His timing.


On Friday before we left for Dallas, Dave wanted his dad to get some pictures of us in Tulsa at Woodward Park with all of the fall colors. His dad took our engagement photos in the same park in 2008.


Milestones: Baby girl's eyes are forming according to the Bump app. Soon she will start practicing opening and closing them.

I've also scheduled two interviews with pediatricians, and I'll pick my favorite out of those two. They both come highly recommended and are 11 minutes from the house.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Enjoying a weekend at home with no real to-do's!

What the Doctor Said this Week: N/A Next doctor's appointment is November 29.

Weirdest Thing I ate this Week: Yesterday since I wasn't feeling good, I tried eating soup for breakfast and also had the rest of the pimento cheese Carolyn got for me while I was in Dallas.

Verse I'm Clinging to this Week: Isaiah 40:31 "Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

6 comments:

  1. Eeeeeverything about this post makes me so happy - just LOVE the pictures Sarah took!! So glad we could celebrate you last weekend - love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your maternity journey!! I’m so happy for you two ❤️
    -Margaux

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaux!

      So good to see you, Mason and Greg on Saturday :)

      Delete
  3. Ahhhh I love that beautiful navy blue floral looking dress! Anyway, the heartburn situation, isn't there a myth that the baby will have lots of hair if you have heartburn? Also as far as pediatricians, are you looking over at St. John's? That's where our pediatrician is at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I've heard of the wive's tale that heartburn means hair. But I've talked to several friends lately that had heartburn and bald babies :)

      We're looking at 2 pediatricians in South Tulsa, both only 10 minutes from our house :)

      Delete