Tuesday, September 19, 2017

9 Weeks

Originally written July 20, 2017


Size of Baby: Baby J is the size of a cherry and as long as .9 inches!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 161.5, so up 1.5 lbs so far. Feeling good in this category. I do feel that I'm eating more, but maybe I'm not. I'm trying to split my meals into 2 each, so that I can eat every 3 hours or so. If I stay on top of my eating and hunger, it really helps with the nausea.

Maternity Clothes: No maternity clothes yet, but I think I've only worn pants one day this week. It really helps that it's summer, because I usually wear a ton of dresses in the summer. I did place my first clothing order with several maternity items in it today! I couldn't help it. Ann Taylor Loft was having 50% off and free shipping. I got a maternity cardigan, a maternity dress, maternity shorts and 2 non-maternity flowy tops. I got 6 pieces for under $130!!!


Movement: It's too early to feel the baby moving. The farther along I've gotten, I get less twinges and pings, which has been nice.

Sleep: My sleep has been pretty good, except for CRAZY dreams. I've gotten used to waking up to pee multiple times per night.

What I Miss: Jimmy Johns! I was craving a sandwich at some point this week and wanted JJ's with extra peppers. But they only serve their sandwiches cold, and Dr. Martin made it very clear not to eat any cold-cuts.

Cravings: Fried Chicken. I stopped Monday after my lash appointment to pick up Chick-Fil-A for lunch and brought it back to the office, and then last night I was craving fried chicken. I also had a cobb salad Monday night at dinner club with lightly fried chicken on it. I am SO glad I'm still able to eat chicken, since I haven't been able to stomach my protein shakes in the morning.

Symptoms: Nausea, Sore Boobs and Very Tender Nipples, A little moody, CRAZY dreams (so detailed, weird people in them, and I usually can remember then). This week I've had a couple headaches. I was worried about it because I never get headaches. But then my Bump update this week mentioned headaches as a symptom during this time because of the surge in hormones.

One symptom I've been having since before I even knew I was pregnant is blurry vision. I have heard of other women having it. But mine can get pretty bad sometimes in the afternoon, especially when I get tired. Apparently, this is normal.

Best Moment this Week: Friday - I received a gift that knocked me over. My friend Tyler sent me a lovely James Avery charm that says "Expect a Miracle." On the back she got it engraved with Baby Jordan.


Moments with Dave this Week: This week Dave has really started being sweet to the belly. He has talked to it, rubbed it and prayed over it. I love it :)

We had the opportunity to hike at Robber's Cave and spend the evening with our friends Jenny and Cody at their lake house in Eufala.


Milestones: Baby J is officially a fetus, no longer an embryo!

What I'm Looking Forward To: Becoming calmer and less anxious as time goes on. This is taking some effort on my part, but it is getting better. I had high anxiety Monday, because I noticed my resting heart rate had dropped 2 beats per minute. But I think it was due to relaxing over the weekend. By Tuesday, my resting average heart rate was back up to 65 bpm. And today it is 64 bpm. After thinking about it, the baby's heartbeat should drop a little by the time we have our next appointment, so it makes sense that mine would drop a bit too. I'm trying my best to pick up my shield of faith, and envision a beautiful, healthy baby being born in February.

Favorite Quote from a Stranger this Week: I can't think of one from a stranger. But I had my annual dermatologist appointment yesterday. She said I have time to have at least 2 more kids. She didn't have her kids till she was 39 and 42, and she loved being pregnant. She is probably almost 6' tall though and maybe 145 pounds :)

What the Doctor Said this Week: N/A Next doctor appointment is August 9!

Weirdest Thing I ate this Week: Nothing too strange that I can think of. I was able to take the Goldfish crackers out of the car for a few days, but this morning they were back with me. I almost threw up while brushing my teeth this morning. It was a tad rough.

I bought myself 2 bagels at Panera Tuesday night at the Myrtle meeting. So I've been eating one half at a time up at the office. Asiago cheese bagel get in my belly!

Verse I'm Clinging to this Week: Ephesians 6:16 "Take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one." I got this from Jesus Calling. On Wednesday, the reading was about fear and anxiety (perfect!) and it talked about the enemy shooting arrows of fear at us. They recommend affirming our trust in Jesus, regardless of how we feel. With persistence, my feelings will eventually fall in line with my faith. Wonderful advice.

1 comment:

  1. I love those clothes. Super cute!! And that necklace...no words. Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete