Monday, October 30, 2017

16 Weeks

Originally written September 7, 2017


Size of Baby: Baby J is the size of an avocado, 4.6 inches and 3.5 ounces in weight!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 167.5, up 7.5 lbs so far.

Maternity Clothes: All about the maternity pants. Haven't started wearing maternity shirts yet.

Movement: Eh, nothing concrete. But one time in Colorado I felt like I got a little kick under the belly button. Maybe with both legs at the same time. Could have been my imagination.

Sleep: This week started off in Colorado! I loved being at Barbara's bed and breakfast again. And I especially loved the Niwot Inn and Spa. I only slept poorly the last night at Barbara's when we were in Thumbelina's Cottage. The bed definitely sank in the middle, and that did not work well for me and Dave.

What I Miss: Beer. There is so much awesome craft beer in Colorado, so that was hard.

Cravings: Still Caesar salads and meat. I ate at least 2 caesar salads during week 16.

Symptoms: Heart burn. It was so bad one night in Colorado that it woke me up. I kinda thought I might get sick. I also think it gave me another new symptom this week...a canker sore on the side of my tongue. It has hurt like hell.

And I threw up again this morning, right after I brushed my teeth. Hopefully I will be able to eat Cinnamon Toast Crunch again one day.

Best Moment this Week: Yesterday!!! We got to see our baby and found out that it is more than likely a little girl :)


Moments with Dave this Week: Niwot and Estes Park, Colorado!!!! We hiked and hiked and hiked. We saw so much wildlife this time. We saw a bear (the same bear several times), big elk - male and female, a coyote, marmots, deer and big horn sheep (female only).


Milestones: There is no more hiding the bump. After seeing baby one more time yesterday. I decided to go ahead and wear my Oxy tshirt to work today. So I've had to come clean to the people that didn't know I was pregnant yet. All to find out most of them have been suspecting it since last week :)

What I'm Looking Forward To: Enjoying every single day of having this sweet baby in my belly.

Favorite Quote from a Stranger this Week: When we were buying a caramel apple in Estes Park, the cashier (an 18-ish year old foreign girl) asked me if there was a baby in my belly. When I said yes, she reached across the counter and rubbed my belly. I asked her if she thought it was a girl or a boy, and she said that it was a girl. And she had lots of experience because she has 7 nieces and nephews.

What the Doctor Said this Week: She said baby was looking right on track for 16 weeks and that she was 93% sure it is a girl. She looked long and hard and at lots of different angles between baby's legs.

Baby's heart rate was 156.

I asked her if I need to stop wearing underwire bras, and she said no. I asked if I can take baths, and she said yes, just not too hot. I asked if I can get a massage, and she said as long as it is prenatal. I asked what I can take for my canker sore, and she said to get some canker sore gel at the Walgreens :) She asked us if we wanted to do bloodwork for Down Syndrome and we declined. She said she also skipped it.

Weirdest Thing I ate this Week: This isn't super weird because I'm pregnant. But one morning in Colorado I woke up STARVING. Luckily I had packed a baggie of Wheat Thins in my purse for the trip. So I snacked on those around 4:30am in bed and then went back to sleep.

Verse I'm Clinging to this Week: Psalm 139 "For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb." "Oh Lord, you have searched me and know me." I love it, the whole chapter! Same as last week.



6 comments:

  1. Love this "real time" post. I can def see you looking different all over in those top two pics. Hi baby Thumbelina Pumpkin Princess! Xoxo Aunt Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love this post! I am SO happy for you and Dave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend!!! One more big hiking trip to go before baby gets here. And then she/he will just have to come with us 😊

      Delete
  3. I'm so happy it's a girl! I have a great suggestion for a babysitter when she is older ;) You look beautiful. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lindsay! Love you too! I've got P's number for babysitting time 😊

      Delete