Thursday, November 2, 2017

24 Weeks!

Originally written November 2, 2017


Size of Baby: Baby J is the size of a cantaloupe, 11.8 inches and 1 pound 9 ounces in weight (according to her doctor's appointment yesterday)!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 177, up 17 pounds so far.

Maternity Clothes: Yes, and loving them! I wore my first shirt from Aunt Joanie this week to work.

Movement: Fireworks! This little girl likes to do firework-like shows. She kicks away for about 10 minutes and then rests for a while. Occasionally, I'll feel a kick here or there, but usually it's in show-like succession. At church on Sunday, she was kicking down. It was slightly uncomfortable :)

Sleep: I'm doing ok this week. The World Series has been on. Go Astros! So I've stayed up later than usual.

What I Miss: The Tulsa Run was last weekend, and it really made me miss running. I'm looking forward to doing the Tulsa Run next year.

Cravings: I actually ate ice cream this week. I had some Blue Bell vanilla with fresh raspberries one night, and it tasted good. But I can't say I've really been craving anything this week.

Symptoms: Heartburn city. I've said it before, but I hope she is born with hair to make up for all this heartburn I've been having. It doesn't seem like anything specific really triggers it, because even after drinking water, I'll have the burning sensation.

I threw up twice this week. I think it might be the only time I've thrown up twice in a week during this pregnancy. One was a toothbrush/morning incident. But Saturday night, I felt really sick after taking one of my first pregnant baths. I did lukewarm water. But after about 5 minutes in, I just didn't feel right. I got out, told Dave I wasn't going to be able to make dinner and I was just going to lay on the couch. 5 minutes later, I was running for the bathroom. It was very unpleasant. Much like the fruit pie incident from our Utah trip. (I still need to post the weeks 21 and 22 udpate.)

Best Moment this Week: Our little buddy, Jace, got baptized on Sunday. I loved being part of his special day.


Moments with Dave this Week: Saturday morning, Dave and I had a day date. We started off by walking Manion Park, and then we went to brunch at Smoke, one of our favorite restaurants. It was chilly Saturday and a great day to snuggle and watch football in the afternoon.


Milestones: Baby's first Halloween! Debbie made me a momma kangaroo costume that I wore to the office.


What I'm Looking Forward To: Going to San Antonio this weekend to see my family and celebrate Baby Girl!

What the Doctor Said this Week: Baby Girl's heartbeat per minute was 155. Dr. Martin measured her head, belly and femur bone and told us she weighed 1 pound 9 oz, which was on track for 24 weeks. She is currently head up, but Dr. Martin told us she has plenty of time to flip around to the ideal head down position for delivery. We're signed up for the hospital class on January 6. My next appointment will be the glucose check and our last 4 week appointment. After that, we go every 2 weeks.

She gave us her best Halloween pose yesterday!


Weirdest Thing I ate this Week: I actually ate poptarts for breakfast one morning with a huge glass of milk. It tasted delicious at the time. But then I didn't feel very good the rest of the day. It's hard to eat the perfect thing to make me feel ok. I know I should be eating protein. But eggs are not sitting well with me right now since I'm still having a problem with mushy textures.

Verse I'm Clinging to this Week: From my daily calendar "It's never a question of whether or not God will bless you - it's a matter of having your faith stretched out enough to receive the incredible measure of goodness God wants to pour into your life!"



2 comments:

  1. Adorable costume! Whoever made that is talented! Also, John and I went on a group date recently to Smoke and it was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adri!

      My mother-in-law made the costume :) She is super talented. I'm so glad you liked Smoke. Ya'll should try it for brunch one weekend.

      Delete