Thursday, November 9, 2017

25 Weeks!

Originally written November 8, 2017


Size of Baby: Baby J is the size of a head of cauliflower, 13.5 inches and 1 pound 7.4 ounces in weight (according to the Bump app). I'm guessing she weighs more than that, since last week her doctor estimated she weighed 1 pound 9 oz.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 178.5, up 18.5 pounds so far. Man, second trimester has been a doozy in the weight gain category. This weekend in San Antonio, I really enjoyed all my family and the FOOD :) I had all of my favorites.

Friday for lunch we went to Los Barrios where I had a cheese enchilada, puffy beef taco and split a tamale with momma. Friday night mom and I had her infamous homemade spaghetti sauce.

Saturday morning I had 2 tamales with chili sauce. Is that weird? I'm just not wanting traditional breakfast food right now. For lunch, Erin served amazing Mexican food at the shower. For dinner that night, mom and I picked up poor boys from Bill Miller's and she made the most amazing homemade macaroni and cheese ever. I had told her I wasn't feeling good, so I wasn't going to eat dinner. But when I pulled that mac and cheese out of the oven, I had to have some.

Sunday morning I ate the second half of my ham poorboy and leftover mac and cheese for breakfast. That afternoon we celebrated Granny's 86th birthday with pizza. And I think I had more leftover mac and cheese for dinner Sunday night.


SOOOOO...I'm not surprised that my weight went up 1.5 pounds since last week. I really really really enjoyed all the food San Antonio has to offer :)

Maternity Clothes: I have been SOOOOO blessed by so many people giving me hand-me-downs. I've picked up a few pieces myself from Old Navy, Stitch Fix and Motherhood Maternity. I'm trying to dress in clothes that make me feel happy and confident. It's hard to see not only my body change, but also see my face getting rounder, and even my feet and legs swelling.

Movement: Baby girl is a mover and a shaker. This week her kicks have changed from being cute poofs of air into more big rolling motions and tap dancing on my cervix. I'm glad she is practicing her dance moves, but if she wants to tap dance a little higher up, I'd be totally ok with that.

Probably the biggest change this week is her kicks. They feel so different. Not necessarily painful yet, but more uncomfortable than cute.

Sleep: Depends on the night. I feel like I'll have a great night, then a poor night and recycle.

What I Miss: Hmmmmm, moving as fast as I usually do. I've noticed that when I walk for exercise, it takes me more minutes to go the same distance I was going just a month ago.

Cravings: Lipton Noodle Soup. I've asked Dave to make this for me several times during pregnancy, but now that it's cold outside, that soup sounds so good. Unfortunately, I'm still craving salty items.

Symptoms: I'm starting to noticeably swell in the feet and ankles. Yesterday I was stunned by my feet and legs when I took off my boots at the end of the work day. So today, I've made it a point to elevate my legs at least 10 minutes per hour. I wish I could make myself stop eating salt, but it is still what I crave. I am trying to back off of it a little though.

Heartburn and constipation are also both present at the end of week 25.

Best Moment this Week: We celebrated Baby Savannah with tons of family down in San Antonio. Thank you Erin for throwing me and Savannah an amazing shower!


I've also loved receiving gifts from family that couldn't make it to the shower this weekend. This super soft blanket and this changing pad cover are some of my favorite prints out of the multitude of prints I registered for. And this elephant is destined to be one of baby girl's favorites!


Moments with Dave this Week: We really missed eachother while I was away in San Antonio. This coming weekend we are driving down to Dallas together. I'm excited about the time I will have with him. When I got home Monday night, he went through all of the gifts we got at the shower. I love seeing him go through the cute little baby girl clothes. It warms my heart.

Milestones: I had to buy some new shoes due to my swelling. I ordered 5 pairs off Payless.com. Hopefully some of them work, because shoe shopping in a store while pregnant is one of my least favorite things to do.

When I got my 25 Week Bump.com update this morning, one of the 3 to-do's this week was get new shoes. :) Check!

What I'm Looking Forward To: Going to Dallas this weekend to get spoiled by my Dallas friends!

What Kind of Mom I'm Going to Be Per The Bump's Article on Zodiac Signs:
SAGITTARIUS (NOVEMBER 22—DECEMBER 21)
“Sagittarius moms love the great outdoors and are definitely not inclined to be couch potatoes. The first shoes she’s going to buy for her kids are hiking boots,” Angel says. “As a fire sign, they’re not known to be the most patient, but they’re very good natured people, so when they lose their temper, they get over it quickly.” Sagittarius moms also tend to be forward-thinking and action-oriented, and raise their kids to be optimistic and colorful. ”Since Sagittarius is the sign of travel, they want to show their children the world and teach them to broaden their horizons through hands-on learning,” she adds. “Instead of just Googling the pyramids, she would actually take the kids to see them in person.”

I sure hope I'm this kind of mom. It sounds like it could be me to a T!

What the Doctor Said this Week: N/A Next doctor's appointment is November 29.

Weirdest Thing I ate this Week: Probably the tamales with chili for breakfast on Saturday morning.

Verse I'm Clinging to this Week: "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9

This verse is so special to me. I had a science teacher in highschool that loved this verse so much, that he would give us an extra point on exams if we wrote this verse on the top before turning in our paper.

Also, my friend Caroline, has claimed this verse as her own as she waits for God to bless her with a baby.


5 comments:

  1. Trying again. Love this post! And don’t forget the legs up the wall trick - I learned it in prenatal yoga. Just put a pillow under your hips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried it once, and it hurt my lower belly. I'll try it again with the pillow under my hips :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can eat tamales anytime in my book! And once again you are rocking pregnancy. You look phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shalimar!!! We need to get together somewhere in Texas for you to visit your roots and have a day of eating :)

      Delete
  4. Looooove seeing your beautiful baby bump!! You look amazing, Belinda - can't wait to see you this weekend to celebrate. And I love the name Savannah!!

    ReplyDelete