Saturday, January 13, 2018

34 Weeks!

Originally written January 4, 2018

Size of Baby: Baby Savannah weighed in at 5 pounds 1 ounces at the Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) office on Wednesday at our appointment. According to the Bump app, she is as big as a butternut squash and around 18 inches long.


Total Weight Gain/Loss: 187, up 27 pounds total.

Nursery Updates: See Week 33 update. The nursery is almost complete!

Maternity Clothes: I've gotten to a point where my maternity jeans are starting to fall down. I think it's because the full panel band isn't completely extending over the bump anymore. It's not super comfortable, so I might be switching to more dresses. Although it is freaking cold outside.

My Favorite Outfit This Week:


Where is Baby: Baby is still positioned head down, with her abdomen lining up around my belly button. She keeps her body on my left side, like way on my left. But sometimes when I feel her move, I feel her on all quadrants of my belly at once.

Movement: Savannah moves alot still. She is reacting to songs, particularly pop and rap, probably because I've listened to that the most when I get ready for work in the mornings. I've been listening to the Baby Whisperer Audio Book on repeat on my way to work. The author has a super soothing British accent, and now when I get in the car, Savannah kicks like crazy for the first few minutes of listening to that lady's voice. I like it too, baby girl :)

Sleep: Not very good. I tried taking a Pepcid AC before bed for the first time on Wednesday night. We ate Mario's Pizza after our appointment, and I was having severe heartburn. Eventually, it will get bad enough where I'll know not to eat certain foods.

What I Miss: Not much at this point. I'm already thinking about missing her being inside of me once she is delivered. So I'm trying to soak up all my moments with her on the inside.

Cravings: Milk - whole milk. Sometimes if I haven't been able to eat dinner because of the full feeling I hear is normal at this point in pregnancy. I make myself a small glass of chocolate milk. It usually hits the spot.

Symptoms: The 2 H's - heartburn and hemorrhoids. Definitely not the sexy side of pregnancy.

Best Moment This Week: Seeing our little girl's face in 3D at MFM on Wednesday. I started crying, and then Dave started crying. It's just incredible seeing what she looks like.


Moments with Dave this Week: We went for an awesome walk at Manion Park after our doctor's appointment Wednesday, and then we shared some pizza at Mario's. I loved our afternoon together.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Getting to hold my little girl!

What the Doctor Said this Week: This week was our best appointment with Dr. Jones. He walked in after our ultrasound and said the baby is doing great and had hit a growth spurt. She is now in the 55th percentile overall. Her head is in the 96th percentile, femur in the 46th percentile and abdomen in 36th percentile. From this point on, she'll pretty much be putting on fat and plumping up. He was very pleased with all of her measurements. The amniotic fluid looked good, placenta still looked very healthy, umbilical cord pulse looked good, my cervix looked long (he said I could be pregnant for 10 more weeks based on how long my cervix was...obviously he was joking, but I wish I had taken a picture of Dave's face ;)). He said we should be able to go 5-5.5 more weeks, which is awesome and puts us right at 39 weeks! He said from here on out, I would come in every Wednesday for a 20 minute non stress test where they put a monitor on my belly for baby's heart rate and another monitor for uterine contractions. They are specifically looking for the baby's heart rate to accelerate twice in those 20 minutes. If it does, then that's a great indicator that everything will be fine for another 7 days. In 4 weeks, he wants another look at her large head :) to make sure it's not getting so big that I would have a hard time pushing her out. He knows I desire to try for a vaginal delivery. He was also ok with my blood pressure readings, even though they haven't been great. So he did not think it was necessary to adjust my medicine this week. Yippee!!! Starting next week, we'll see both doctors every Wednesday.

Since everything was going so well with Dr. Jones, I asked if he could let me go into spontaneous labor on my own. He is the sweetest man, but said "Yeah, right! Let you go into labor at 40-41 weeks??? No way! Too dangerous for you and baby with your blood pressure issues. You do understand why we're inducing, right?" And then he started talking about placental abruption again, which made me back off. I thought it was worth a try to communicate my desires. But honestly, I'll be thrilled if we can make it close to 39 weeks.

We were able to see sweet Savannah in 3D, which made us both start crying.

Milestones This Week: We went to the birthing class Saturday from 9am-2pm. Luckily, my nurse, Kristin teaches it. She did a good job. It was a small class with only 2 other couples, and a mother with 2 teenage daughters. We watched a video. Kristin would pause it and talk about that segment. We had pizza for lunch. Dr. Stacy O'Sullivan, a pediatrician, came and talked to the class, mostly to answer any questions we might have about having a newborn. And then we went over to the hospital and toured Labor and Delivery. Saint Francis does "rooming in" with newborns. So they really don't have a nursery, and Savannah will be with us the whole time.

Random Things To Remember about being Pregnant:
I couldn't really stand to chew gum during this pregnancy. I'm trying right now to chew gum to freshen my breath, and it's making me nauseous. I think it's the extra saliva that it creates in my mouth. But this has been a thing this whole pregnancy.

Something to Buy: Dates! Apparently dates might make the pushing part of labor much much shorter. I'm all about that :)

Prayer for this upcoming week: That I will be mindful of the miracle God has bestowed upon me and soak up every minute with this sweet baby inside me. I want to treasure all of her flinches and kicks.

1 comment:

  1. She's so precious already! I thought she looked like Dave at first glance...

    ReplyDelete