Monday, July 10, 2017

Stitch Fix Box #1


I've wanted to try Stitch Fix for a long time, but I've always talked myself out of it. Even though I LOVE reading other people's blog posts on what came in their box, and I even bought a couple months for my mom as a birthday gift a couple of years ago.

I finally decided it was time to give it a whirl. My first box was scheduled to arrive July, 10 (today!), but I was pleasantly surprised when it plopped onto my desk Friday morning at work.

When I first opened the box, I was thinking "oh crap, I love everything!" Luckily, by the time I tried everything on, I had narrowed my decision down to 2-3 pieces of clothes.

I had 5 beautiful pieces of clothing in my first Stitch Fix box...a blue and white halter, olive green skinny pants, a flowing floral tank, an elephant print long sleeve blouse and a pink and blue shirt dress.

Piece #1

Pieces #2 and #3


Piece #4

Piece #5



I immediately was able to eliminate piece #5. The dress just wasn't doing anything for me. Even though when I initially saw the print, I liked it, after trying it on with 2 different belts, different layers on top and whirling around my room, I just couldn't do it. It seemed a tad too long for me, and I didn't like the belts I had. Even if I found a better belt, it wouldn't have been my favorite. It was an easy decision.

The olive green skinnies were the next easiest piece to eliminate. They were an elastic waist band, which I would usually love. But the waist seemed just a tad too tight, even though the legs were working, and even in some places seemed to have a tad too much material. I liked that they were an unusual color, but for $88, I just couldn't swing it. And I'd have to lose about 5 lbs for them to fit great in the waist, and that ain't happening! Mailed those bad boys back.

The floral tank was a really hard call. I tried it on with so many things. And I liked how flowy and comfortable it was. But in the end, I couldn't pay $44 for a cotton tank. I swear I've seen so many things like it at Target and/or boutiques in the Tulsa area. So back in the bag it went.

I did keep both the blue halter and the elephant print blouse. The blue halter is my favorite piece. It's just so different and beautiful. It's not form-fitting, but not everything has to be. And I think I can wear it year-round, even though it initially screams summer to me. And elephant print, come on, how could I turn that down? I don't have anything like that blouse. I'll be gladly wearing it to the office, probably tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment