Thursday, August 17, 2017

A Mom....What????

Originally written June 16, 2017

SCREEEEEEEEECH!!!!!!!!

Everything I've been thinking and trying to wrap my head around for the last 7 weeks, since the morning of April 26, when Dave told me he was ready to stop trying for a child, comes to a screeching halt when we unveil the ClearBlue Digital pregnancy test that I had wrapped up in toilet paper at least 30 minutes earlier. It was only Day 32 of my cycle. I wasn't terribly late. But last month my cycle was only 28 days, and it's usually 29 days when I'm not on any hormones. So on Day 31 we took a test and got this


....very helpful, funny. Dave asked, "uhm, what does that mean?" And I jokingly said, "I think it means we need to read more books." But as cycle day 31 went on, I thought about that test with the little book blinking in the right-hand corner. And I found it suspicious. Usually these ClearBlue Digital tests are not shy about telling me I'm "Not Pregnant." But I did go running right before I took this test. And I sweat alot, so not tons of pee came out on the strip. So whatever, we looked at eachother and said "That was a waste of money, we'll do it again in the morning if I haven't started by then."

But here we were, half sitting half laying in bed, holding a test that said "Pregnant." Literally 7 weeks to the day that we were half sitting half laying in bed, when my husband told me he was ready to stop, ready to stop any and all fertility meds, ready to stop with the ovulation predictor kits. I even muttered the word vasectomy, not now, but maybe later this summer. And now, here we are. Is this for real? I literally laughed, mostly with joy, but also with utter disbelief at the timing and the irony of the situation.


First step - go get labwork done. We've been through this twice before, with unfortunate results. But our first step, it came back great. The nurse actually said "Your numbers look beautiful!" This is the same nurse that had had the horrible job of calling me back in February 2016 and saying my progesterone was very low and I needed to leave work immediately and go to Econopharmacy at 91st street and pick up progesterone suppositories and start them right away. She was the same nurse that called in October 2016 and said that my progesterone looked a little better than last time, but the human growth hormone wasn't what they would have expected for as far along as I was. But yesterday, she was thrilled.

Second step - is tomorrow. I'm praying for peace, praying for calm. Praying the butterflies beating away at my stomach to please retreat. Calm down. I am praying for another wonderful call. So that I can cross this hurdle we've never crossed before.

Ahhhhh! I'm so excited :)

Monday Morning - I woke up with an eye twitch. And I had some bad dreams. So I put on my workout clothes and went for a long walk. I said lots and lots of prayers and tried to be positive, very positive. I made it to work at 8, and shut my door right away, knowing that when I received that phone call I didn't want anyone else to be in my office. Thankfully, the nurse called at 8:35, and she said "Belinda, your numbers look beautiful. They more than doubled." (AHHHHH!!!! I think my eye started twitching even faster, and I might have told her to shut up.)

She said that puts me at just over 5 weeks pregnant, and she wants me to come in next week for an ultrasound to hear the baby's heartbeat. And the due date is February 19, 2018. I am freaking out. So excited. In disbelief, but overwhelming gratitude for this unexpected gift and change in my "new" plans.

6 comments:

  1. I can't even express how much I loved reading this. So SO excited for you and Crazy Dave!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend!!!! There are most of these post-dated entries coming :)

      Delete
  2. Best news ever! Me and the group I was with looked just liked that Seinfield group when I got that text. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet :)))) You've got the best familia. And I've got the best bestie.

      Delete
  3. I freaking love you Belle. I was driving down curvy back roads in PA last night, thinking about how I missed dinner and didn't get to see your glow. I was really sad. Then, the song "rainbow" by Kesha came on my phone and it made me think of rainbow babies and how happy I truly was for you. I thought about texting but it was late and I was driving but you were very much on my mind. Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lindsay! I miss you too. Dinner club is not the same without you. I'm so very grateful for this double rainbow baby :)

      Delete