Saturday, August 26, 2017

6 Weeks

Originally written June 29, 2017



How Far Along: 6 weeks exactly, according to our first ultrasound yesterday. Based on my last period, 6 weeks 4 days.

Size of Baby: I'm pretty sure she said .27 cm, but I have no idea if that is right. It is tiny!!!! But it's heart was beating, which is just crazy to me. The heartbeat was 100 beats per minute, and we could hear it! (I just googled how big a 6 week baby is, and the bump.com says it's .25 inches. That is SO crazy to me.)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I'm going to say my starting weight with this pregnancy is 160.0. On the day we found out I was pregnant, I didn't weigh myself. The day before, I weighed 162.5, the day after 160.5. I'm being SUPER real here, because this is the most I've weighed in my life. I'm hoping since I am heavier than where I like to be, which is between 145 and 150, that I won't gain TOO much weight with this pregnancy. I really don't want to go over 190.

Maternity Clothes: Nope. And this week I haven't felt nearly as bloated as I did the first week. The first week, I was having to unbutton some of my jeans during the day and definitely on the way home from work. I've started wearing dresses ALOT more. They are just more comfortable. I am on progesterone suppositories. And whenever I've taken progesterone, I've always gotten super bloated.

Movement: It's WAY too early to feel the baby. But I haven't had as many aches and twinges as I did last week, which is comforting in a way, because sometimes those feelings were a tad scary. But now that I know, it was the baby, I'd be ok with feeling them again occasionally :)

Whenever I have to pee really bad, my stomach starts hurting, like truly hurting. But as soon as I use the restroom the pain goes away.

Sleep: I slept like a rock last night after having that ultrasound done yesterday. I usually wake up between 11:45 and 12:15 to pee and again around 4:00. And I've been waking up without an alarm between 5-5:30.

What I Miss: I know I need to cut down on the hot dogs. But gosh darn it, that's what I'm craving. And I ate alot of tuna salad in the weeks leading up to finding out I was pregnant, and now I've learned I shouldn't eat more than one serving per week.

Cravings: Hot Dogs and Potato Salad. I also read today that you should avoid eating any salads from delis. I'm not exactly sure why, but that's a bummer.

Best Moment this Week: Seeing that little baby on the ultrasound screen and feeling Dave's hand grab mine with joy.


Moments with Dave this Week: After our ultrasound appointment, he ran to Starbucks, because they were having a buy one get one free, and he met me at Baskin Robbins. I just wanted 2 kids scoops, but the price was the same as a double, so I had him make me a double scoop of peanut butter and chocolate and pralines and cream :) Then we went home and talked alot and watched Patriot's Day. After the movie we took a super long walk. I ended up with 15,000 steps yesterday!

Milestones: First Bump Photo tonight!

What I'm Looking Forward To: Seeing my mom this weekend!

Favorite Quote from a Stranger this Week: Can't think of anything from a stranger. But I do have a funny quote from my OBGYN. When she walked into the ultrasound room, I told her "Dr. Martin, you have two very anxious people in here." And she said "and now, there are 3. I'm anxious too. This is scary and exciting stuff!" I loved her honesty. Let's get real, when a patient has had 2 miscarriages, and has never made it to the ultrasound stage, it is scary, for the patient, her husband, her loved ones and even her doctor. I'm guessing Dr. Martin does love me, because she has known me for 10 years!!!

What the Doctor Said This Week: She said to keep taking my prenatal and fish oil, to up my Folate to 4 mcg and that I can bring my Vitamin D down to just what is in the prenatal. She said to drink 8 8oz glasses of water every day, only to eat well-cooked meats, no deli meats unless they are heated to steaming. I think that's it!

Weirdest Thing I ate this week: Hmmmm, probably nothing too out of the ordinary. The building catered in Brownie's Hamburgers for the annual 4th of July celebration. I ate a hot dog, a cheeseburger with extra pickles, baked beans and coleslaw. It was delicious. I passed on the cookies and soda. I don't want to give this baby too much sugar.

Verse I'm Clinging To This Week: Numbers 26:24-26 "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you
and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”

No comments:

Post a Comment