Tuesday, January 2, 2018

32 Weeks!

Originally written January 2, 2018


Week 32 in pictures! Merry Christmas!

We headed to Kansas City for Christmas this year. It was a baby moon weekend for us. We stayed with Mike and Nichole the first night, and then at the SouthMoreland bed and breakfast for the next 2 nights. We woke up there Christmas morning, walked the grounds of the Nelson and then drove home for Christmas dinner with the Jordans.

I was tuckered out after walking around the Plaza all day.

We woke up to some surprise snowfall on Christmas Eve morning. Actually, we woke up to the snow trucks shoveling the snow off the streets. It was so LOUD :)

The breakfast at SouthMoreland was wonderful! They started off with a baked rum raisin apple, followed by shirred eggs with sausage, cheese and veggies. There was also homemade lemon poppyseed bread.


The second morning, Christmas morning, we had banana apricot fraches, chocolate zucchini bread, and French toast stuffed with ham and swiss cheese. I loved the pomegranate seeds on top!
We took a picture in front of their Christmas tree. And we had to commemorate the den with the fireplace. Dave and I played the board game Lingo the night before, and he beat me. He was so proud :)

After breakfast we walked the grounds of the Nelson Art Museum.

Two years ago when we stayed in Kansas City for Christmas, Dave took pictures of me on these stairs. We returned to take pictures this year.

I had a lovely day at home by myself after Christmas. I had a holiday and Dave had to work. I was happily folding and organizing baby clothes in the nursery when at 10:30am the fire alarms started blaring. My first thought was that the house was on fire. So I ran around to check everything. Once I knew it wasn't, I had to climb on chairs and dissamble 4 darn fire alarms. I was totally exhausted when it was over, and I realize that being 32 weeks pregnant and climbing on chairs when home alone probably wasn't the smartest thing to do. But the only thought I had at the time was to get those things to shut up! It was quite exhilarating.

What the Doctor Said This Week: There was still alot of blood pressure monitoring going on this week. We had our appointments with Dr. Jones and Dr. Martin on Wednesday afternoon. Both places captured high blood pressure readings on me the first time, and then great blood pressure readings the second time they took them.

At Dr. Jones we had a biophysical profile ultrasound. The tech wasn't the greatest. I think she was kinda new. Savannah wasn't cooperating with her and wouldn't show her face. So she made me roll on my side and kept jostling the wand all around my belly. I think she was making Savannah mad.

Luckily, everything looked great to the doctor. They made sure Savannah was breathing well out of her nose. They checked the pulse of the umbilical cord, which was great. They checked Savannah's heart rate, 161 bpm. My cervix was still long (which is good), when it starts to thin, labor is on its way. There was plenty of amniotic fluid. The placenta still looked healthy.

The doctor said his goal is to keep my blood pressure numbers under 150 for the top number and under 95 for the bottom number. He didn't adjust my meds this week. But he is still talking about an induction between weeks 37-39, which is January 28-February 11. So freaky that it's so soon!

Dr. Martin was very pleased with little Savannah too. She estimated her to be 4 pounds 10 ounces based on her femur, head and belly measurements. She was also able to get a profile shot of Savannah with her mouth open.



Random Facts for the Week: I paid for my epidural.


No comments:

Post a Comment