Monday, October 2, 2017

10 Weeks

Originally written Friday, July 28, 2017


Size of Baby: Baby J is the size of a strawberry and as long as 1.18 inches!

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 163.0, up 3 lbs so far. I really wanted to stay within the recommended 1-5 pound weight gain for first trimester. So hopefully this slows down a bit, because I don't think first trimester is officially over till 14 weeks.

Maternity Clothes: Usually we get to wear jeans at work. But this week, our VP of Tax came in from Houston, so we had to wear business casual. I managed to wear a dress the first day, but Wednesday I wanted to wear pants. I quickly realized Tuesday night that I couldn't button most of my work pants. I messaged Melissa and told her what was going on. I messaged Jess and asked how the rubberband trick works. Luckily I found a pair of black slacks that had 2 buttons, and even though I couldn't button the top one, I was able to button the bottom one.


Movement: It's still too early to feel the baby.

Sleep: My dreams continue to be crazy. And most nights I'm not getting 8 hours of sleep due to the bathroom wake-ups.

What I Miss: The girls were talking about maybe doing sushi for next month's dinner club, and at that moment I missed sushi.

Cravings: Rotisserie Chicken. Poor Dave got in trouble this week, because he didn't get a text I sent him about stopping for a rotisserie chicken on his way home from the gym.

Symptoms: I threw up for the very first time in this pregnancy this week. I was sharing a hotel room with 4 of my girlfriends in OKC. We had a great evening, first walking from our hotel room to Jazmo's for some Cajun food. We then had to run back to the cars to head to the brewery cause we left a credit card there, and they closed at 9. We met back up in the room, and after a bit, we headed back outside to walk to the Riverboat stand. Along that walk, I got overheated and needed to sit down for a minute. Honestly, after that I didn't rebound. By the time we made it to the riverboat stand, I was pouring water on my head and down my back. There were so many different sounds (music coming from various bars), many smells (the worst of which was funnel cake) and it was hot. I survived the riverboat ride, but I did start crying at one point, when the driver started spinning the boat. I made it all the way back to the hotel room, where the girls spoiled me and put icy washcloths on my forehead and neck. We watched a little SNL, and I was feeling back to normal. And then...I brushed my teeth. I immediately had excess saliva and not 10 seconds later lost my whole dinner in the bathroom I was sharing with my friends at the Residence Inn Marriott in OKC Bricktown.

Best Moment this Week: I've had so many great moments this week. I got to tell Adri, Anna and Lauren when we were in OKC for our girl's trip. Their reaction is some of my favorites so far. Megan and I came up with the clue word of "pineapple." Whenever I started talking about pineapple she would start videoing the conversation. I first tried at dinner Friday night, but our food came out while I was about to spill my guts. Saturday morning we were planning our day and talking about the brewery. All of a sudden I said "I wonder if they have pineapple beer there." The reveal came out amazingly after that. Adri was scrolling on her phone looking at the beers, and I kept saying, "nope, can't have that one. not that one either." Finally I said "Man, do they not have any beers pregnant people can drink?" It took the girls about 5 seconds before they got it, but then their reaction was priceless. I have watched that video over and over again.


I also got to tell Eva and Carolyn over the phone :)

Moments with Dave this Week: I've had some bumps around my belly button, that I thought were zits, but now I think they are in-grown hairs (either way, I think they are hormone related, cause I've never had this many red spots right on my belly). I usually use a Noxzema pad when I'm having zits, so I was swiping one all around my belly button yesterday morning. Dave stopped me and asked if that was ok for the baby. I shrugged, cause I wasn't sure. He called me later that morning and had googled it at work. There are mixed reviews on whether that sinks in past the initial skin layer, but the fact that he cared and looked it up on his own made my heart swell.

Milestones: Double digits week!!!! I woke up so happy that we are finally 10 weeks pregnant :)

What I'm Looking Forward To: Our next appointment on August 9!

Favorite Quote from a Stranger this Week: I got to tell our waiter at Jazmo's that I would like a Shirley Temple. He was encouraging me to get a cocktail, but I told him I was pregnant. I loved it! Not a favorite quote from a stranger, but an interaction with a stranger nonetheless.

What the Doctor Said this Week: N/A Next doctor appointment is August 9!

Weirdest Thing I ate this Week: Meal-wise, probably dinner last night. I feel horrible admitting it, but I had chips with salsa followed by trail mix. Nothing else sounded good. And I had feasted on some mustard potato salad around 4:30, so I wasn't all that hungry.

Verse I'm Clinging to this Week: Psalm 27:14 - I've been singing the Castle Hills school song in my head quite a bit this week. I just love it. "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles! They shall walk and not be weary, they shall run and not faint. Teach me Lord, Teach me Lord to wait." Well, He sure has done that. And now that I'm on the other side, I'm super grateful for all of the friendships, lessons and fires I've walked through in the last 5 years. It gave me an appreciation for not only motherhood and parenthood, but also for not having kids, and specifically not having kids not by choice. There are people out there who never will get what their heart desires. And I believe it's possible to be happy anyway. God has given each of us something, probably many things, that we can really delight in. It's up to us to do so.

These are the pictures we took the night of July 27th after our walk. I was so bloated. The first one is normal, and the second one is me sucking in. I feel drastically less bloated when I wake up in the mornings, so the first picture from this post is Friday morning, July 28 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment