Monday, October 30, 2017

13 Weeks

Originally written August 17, 2017

Size of Baby: Baby J is the size of a Meyer lemon, 2.9 inches and .9 ounces in weight!


Total Weight Gain/Loss: 164.5, up 4.5 lbs so far. First trimester is officially over! So I have met my weight goal of not gaining more than 5 pounds so far!

Maternity Clothes: I got another HUGE bag of maternity clothes from Laura Corbin on Saturday. After going through them all, I really shouldn't have to buy much.

Movement: Still too early to feel movement.

Sleep: Dave had to sleep in the guest room a couple of nights because I was waking him up too much. He might sleep great in the guest room. But I sleep horrible without him. It takes forever for me to fall asleep.

What I Miss: Jimmy John's! And beer. There was a moment this week when I was thinking about wings, pizza and beer :)

Cravings: Caesar salad! I can't stop thinking about it.

Symptoms: On August 13, I woke up early. I had no bloat, but I had a little pointy bump under my belly button. I think it was the baby!


Best Moment this Week: Sleeping with my Snoogle for the first time last night! The Snoogle is truly amazing. I sleep like a rock in between my bathroom wake-ups.

Moments with Dave this Week: Dave and I had a wonderful Saturday morning. The Philbrook does a free Saturday the second weekend every month, so we took advantage of it. While we were there, we ran into his friends Ruth and Blake. He proudly told them that after 5 long years, we are expecting a child! He was beaming. It was SO cute. We followed up our museum visit with a stop at Corbin's house to pick up the clothes. Dave got tons of advice from her hubby Ryan while we were there. And we finished our day date with burgers and rootbeer from Weber's. It was awesome.

We also had a Thursday night date night, the end of our 13th week, where we would normally take the picture outside. So we got inside pictures instead :) We started at Foolish Things Coffee for, ironically, beer and lemonade. And then we went to The Tavern for burgers. I will be skipping that for a while. The burger was way too heavy and fancy for being pregnant.

Milestones: I told my boss at work, Monica. I also told my old boss, Roger. They were both so happy for me! Both of their eyes teared up :)

What I'm Looking Forward To: Dave telling his brother!

Favorite Quote from a Stranger this Week: I told the owner at Weber's I needed lots of extra pickles, cause I'm pregnant. He said "The pregnant lady gets what she wants." :)

What the Doctor Said this Week: N/A Next doctor's appointment is September 6. I have been taking my blood pressure at work, and it is MUCH better when I'm not at the doctor's office.


Weirdest Thing I ate this Week: I can't really think of anything too weird.

Verse I'm Clinging to this Week: Psalm 139 "For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb." "Oh Lord, you have searched me and know me." I love it, the whole chapter! Same as last week.

True confessions: Work got super busy, and I'm filling this out mostly on Monday, August 21. My brain is already fried and has forgotten most of the 13th week. I'm too busy enjoying Week 14! Lesson learned. Must fill out this questionaire on Thursdays :)



No comments:

Post a Comment