Friday, December 1, 2017

28 Weeks! Third Trimester!

Originally written November 30, 2017


Size of Baby: Baby J is the size of an eggplant, 14.8 inches and 2 pound 3 ounces in weight (according to the Bump app).

However, according to our doctor appointment baby girl was a hefty 3 pounds 2 ounces. (WOWZERS!)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 181, up 21 pounds so far.

Maternity Clothes: I wore a normal shirt this week that I felt really good in!


Shocking Moment This Week: We went to Lake Oologah with Mom and Ron on Friday to go hiking, eat s'mores and play bocce ball and Frisbee golf. Shockingly, I won one of the holes on Frisbee golf! And I am HORRIBLE at Frisbee :)


Movement: Baby girl moves a lot. A couple of nights ago we had a thunder storm, and she was punching or kicking me in response to large thunder claps. It seems like her most active time is between 3-4am, and I spend a good chunk of that time awake just enjoying her movements.

Sleep: This week I have been falling asleep on the couch between 7:15 and 8:15. Granted, I have had a cold that kept me home from work Monday. But I feel like I'm requiring a lot of sleep. But I am awake most nights from 3-4am, so that could be why. Hormones could also be playing a part.

What I Miss: Sandwich meat - cold :)

Surprise Gift This Week: My friend Britt, who I met in 2008 at book club moved to New York a long time ago. She is a famous knitter and sent this beautiful sweater for Savannah!


Cravings: Pizza has wiggled its way back into my heart (let's be honest, it never wiggled its way out). My parents took us out for my birthday dinner Friday night, and I wanted Savastano's pizza.

Today, my new group at work took me out to lunch. And I chose East Village Bohemian Pizza :)

Symptoms: Heartburn/Acid Reflux - I've been calling everything heartburn, but I think it's actually acid reflux. This week it has gotten even worse. Sometimes when I lay down, my throat makes these loud obnoxious noises, like doors opening or gurgling sounds. I googled it to see what the heck was going on...acid reflux. A lot of times when I get in bed, I have to prop myself to almost sitting to feel comfortable falling asleep. But baby, she's worth it!!!

I didn't throw up this week!!!!

Best Moment This Week: Seeing our little girl (aka hefty girl) yesterday at the doctor :)

Moments with Dave this Week: We've had lots and lots of discussions about the nursery. He is willing to start working on it this weekend after our shower.

We met our first potential pediatrician yesterday. We liked him. He is a texter, which is SO convenient, and appointments can be scheduled online, which means if baby wakes up sick in the middle of the night, I could log on and schedule an appointment for that very day.

Milestones: Baby girl is opening her eyes now.

What I'm Looking Forward To: The baby shower this weekend and Jess coming to town!!!

What the Doctor Said this Week: Our baby looked healthy and hefty, estimated weight of 3 pounds 2 ounces. Dr. Martin wasn't too concerned with my blood pressure, but Dave was. He is being a good dad and husband. But due to his concern, we are being sent back to maternal fetal medicine (MFM) on December 13 for another ultrasound. And I get to do a lovely 24 hour urine collection test to monitor protein in my urine. Protein in the urine is a sign of preeclampsia. So far, every urine sample I've left at each appointment has come back clean.

She also said our due date is still 2/19 in her book. But that with seeing MFM, it's possible they would recommend taking Savannah at 37 weeks. I told Dr. Martin I really want this baby to bake all 40 weeks, and she said we would all do our best.

The good news to offset these extra appointments and tests are that I passed my glucose test! Yay! No gestational diabetes at this point and hopefully ever.

Weirdest Thing I ate this Week: Hmmmm, I feel like I've been pretty normal in the eating department this week. I did buy a box of Fruit Loops Friday and have eaten about half the box.

Verse I'm Clinging to this Week: Psalm 62:5 "Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in Him."

I need to really try not to control whatever arises in this pregnancy and trust in God and seek Him for any concerns I might have. (Lots of friends praying for me and advising me during this time :))

4 comments:

  1. You're looking beautiful, mommy!! I'll be thinking about you on the 13th - fingers crossed for the all clear. Also, three cheers for pizza. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look incredible!! I just love reading about your journey ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaux! I don't know why I'm just now seeing your comments :)

      Delete