Thursday, December 7, 2017

29 Weeks!

Originally written December 6, 2017

Size of Baby: Baby J is the size of an acorn squash, 15.2 inches and between 2 pounds 8 ounces and 3 pounds 13 ounces in weight (according to the Bump app).

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 183, up 23 pounds so far.

I've still been exercising most days, either going for walks in the morning or hitting the elliptical for 3 miles at the gym.


Nursery Updates: Sunday morning Jess and I spent 1.5 hours organizing gifts in the nursery into piles. We sorted the diapers by size. The books are all in one bin. The bath stuff is together, nursing stuff is together, baby meds are together. I felt SO much better when we were done.

Maternity Clothes: I actually wore a sweater yesterday that wasn't maternity, and I don't think I should try to do that again...lol!


Weird Moment This Week: I just scheduled my first dental appointment for post delivery. April 11, a Wednesday, so Dave will be home from work.

Where is Baby: I can definitely tell more of baby is on my left side. I can barely tie my shoe on the left, put on my sock, shave my leg, etc. On my right side, I still have quite a bit mobility.

Movement: One night this week, Dave and I had just dozed off to sleep. I was on my right side, and his arm was draped over my belly. Typically, she will feel around his forearm, giving him little kicks I can feel, but he can't necessarily feel. That night, we both woke up to an extra strong kick and said "woah!" at the exact same moment. Baby girl is getting strong.

The last two days I haven't felt so many sharp kicks, as I have big rolling or wave-like movements. It's quite strange. Maybe she is running out of room in there.

Sleep: I've had some horrible nights of sleep this week, but the last three nights have been really good. I actually took the snoogle out of the bed. Since I'm bigger now, wrestling with the snoogle to get up to pee was proving to be a challenge. We've also gone on short walks right before bed the last three nights, and I think it helps with my late night acid reflux.

What I Miss: Sleeping on my back, putting on shoes without getting out of breath.

Cravings: My true craving for the last few weeks is Holiday Grapes. They are a little expensive, but they are so worth it....big, red, juicy grapes. I love them. And Savannah does too. She usually moves while I'm eating them.

Symptoms: I thought I was on a roll with no puking and thought maybe it would be a third trimester thing. But Monday I was back in the toilet. I even burst a blood vessel in my eye because it was so violent. Per my mom's advice, I might be switching to cinnamon toothpaste for the rest of the pregnancy.

Best Moment This Week: Being showered by my friend Catherine. She did such an incredible job.



Moments with Dave this Week: Dave and I celebrated my birthday last night at Fleming's. I ate a big yummy filet to boost my iron (it came back slightly anemic this week). Utica Square is beautifully lit up for Christmas, so we spent time after dinner walking around. We also learned that our beloved Russell Stover's that left Utica Square has been replaced by Glacier Chocolates. I gladly let Dave buy me some for my birthday :)

I loved my date with Dave this week. Also, I must brag on him for how well he takes care of me when I get sick. To put it lightly, all my vomit from Monday did not make it into the toilet, and that man cleans it up with no complaints every single time. He is an angel.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Seeing my baby girl next Wednesday!

What the Doctor Said this Week: N/A, Next appointments are Wednesday, December 13.

Weirdest Thing I ate this Week: I was craving milk really badly on Tuesday morning. So I brought our whole jug of milk to the office and my box of Fruit Loops and ate 2.5 bowls :)

Verse I'm Clinging to this Week: "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14

Prayer for this upcoming week: If you're the praying kind, pray that I don't go nuts during the 24 hour urine collection test on Saturday, and that both of the doctor's appointments go well on Wednesday. Thank you :)

2 comments:

  1. I’ve done a 24 hour urine collection. It’s not bad, just annoying. You’ll be fine. Don’t drink more water than normal. If your urine is too diluted, you might have to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good tip! I definitely would prefer not to do it again.

    ReplyDelete