Friday, December 1, 2017

27 Weeks!

Originally written November 20 and December 1, 2017


Size of Baby: Baby J is the size of lettuce, 14.4 inches and 1 pound 15 ounces in weight (according to the Bump app).

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 182, up 22 pounds so far.

Maternity Clothes: I pretty much have to stick to them. On Thanksgiving day, the picture above, I was wearing normal clothes, but even those leggings just hit in a funny spot.

Surprise of the Week: Book Club Baby Shower!!!! I showed up to the Brook on Monday night for dinner with a few girlfriends, and found 12 of my favorite book club ladies waiting to shower me and baby Savannah! Thank you SO much Megan, Adri, Anna, Amanda, Lauren and Lindsay for throwing me such a cute surprise shower.

Shocking Moment This Week: This doesn't have to do with the pregnancy, but a new friend!

I went outside to feed the horses carrots on Thursday afternoon. Ali wasn't acting herself. She was being so nice and cuddly. She put her face right up next to mine. Usually she is finicky as all get out. Eventually I bent down to see if this was a girl or boy horse, because she sure wasn't acting like Ali. Well, it was a new boy horse. And he is so sweet. I love him! I don't know his name yet, but I will find out soon. The new boy horse is actually the second photo on this post with my 27 week sign. Ali's last picture in the backyard is this one. She is the dark horse on the far left.

Cravings: Chicken - fried. This week I've been craving fried chicken. After work on Friday, I kinda wanted Chick-Fil-A. But I went to Target to run errands, needed a rotisserie chicken, and in the same area saw boneless chicken wings and chicken tenders. I picked up chicken tenders...amazing deal, $2.58 for .43 pounds of crispy delicious chicken tenders.

Saturday morning we met Greg, Margaux and baby Mason at Dilly Diner for breakfast.


At breakfast, I got chicken and waffles. I eat them as two separate things. Ate my fried chicken breast with ketchup. And when I'm done, my waffle with butter and syrup.

I'm also craving chicken in general. I wanted my mom's homemade chicken soup really bad on Friday, the 17th. So I made a big ole' batch. It is so soothing to my soul and belly.


Symptoms: Heartburn - I think this is getting a little better than last week.

I've started running into things. My brain hasn't caught up with my body growth. So I've started running into things like walls, doorways, my car while trying to maneuver in the garage. It's pretty embarrassing, and one of the number one reasons I try to avoid shopping right now. At grocery stores, I run into the ends of aisles when turning the corner. Ridiculous.

Snoring - Dave has said in the last couple of weeks "last night your snoring sounded like a whistling elevator(?)", "last night you sounded like a 350 pound man with a mustache (?)", "last night you sounded like a moose" and my least favorite "last night you sounded like a walrus." Hahahah!!!!! I wish he recorded all of these crazy sounds. But I do know he isn't lying, because I've woken myself up snoring.

Dreams - Still out of this world. Last night I dreamt that I was in Italy and Maks from Dancing with the Stars was working behind the counter at one of the restaurants. And I kept ordering more and more food, and he said "slow down, girl!" And I said "No, I'm pregnant. I need ALL of the food. And make it snappy!"

Best Moment this Week: Sorting the new and hand-me-down clothes we've received by size and hanging the 0-6 month clothes in her closet and putting some away in drawers. They are so little and cute!


Moments with Dave this Week: We spent a good chunk of the day on Sunday out at Oologah Lake. We hiked, made dinner out there and even put up the tent in case we wanted to take a nap. It's so nice spending quality time with my baby daddy before baby arrives. I may not be able to move at quite the same speed as him, but I still love hiking and being outdoors.


Milestones: Baby is breathing amniotic fluid in and out and officially showing brain activity as of this week.

What I'm Looking Forward To: Seeing baby girl on Wednesday!

What the Doctor Said this Week: N/A Next doctor's appointment is November 29.

New Place We Went this Week: Cirque Coffee with Kevin and Hannah early Saturday morning. It was really yummy and had a cool laid-back vibe. They even brought their pups!
Verse I'm Clinging to this Week: Isaiah 40:31 "Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

2 comments:

  1. The chicken soup looked good! I might have to get that recipe! Also, hanging out in Italy, my kind of dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'll send it to you. It is SO easy and delicious, especially when I use rotisserie chicken :)

      Delete